In short, you should schedule consultations using your time zone.
We determine your time zone when you first create an account. You can change it in your account settings. You will see a warning when accessing the dashboard, and when scheduling a consultation if we detect that your time zone is different from that which you have specified in your account.
From a patient's perspective, they will see the time of the consultation in their time zone when viewing the consultation details page. In text-message and email confirmations, they will see the time in the time zone of the provider (with the time zone clearly stated). We don't know (and can't know) the patients time zone at the time they receive the message so we can't adjust the time to their local time..
Let's take an example to explain what happens.
- You are a provider in Melbourne, Australia (and your timezone is "Australia/Melbourne" in the settings).
- You schedule an appointment with a patient for 10 am on October 5.
- The patient is in Adelaide, Australia (the time in Adelaide is 30 minutes behind Melbourne).
- The consultation will appear in the "Scheduled" list in your dashboard for 10 am on October 5.
- The patient will receive a confirmations email or text message saying the consultation is scheduled for 10 am on October 5 (in the Australia/Melbourne time zone).
- The patient clicks on the consultation details link in the email or text message, and they see the consultation details page. On the page, we can detect the users time zone, and we, therefore, make the necessary adjustment and state that the consultation time is 9:30 am on October 5.
- HiDoq relies on the time zone being correctly set on your computer/phone and that of your patients. This is usually automatically set by the operating system.
- We also make the necessary adjustments for daylight savings time.
- If you are travelling and are in a different time zone when scheduling the consultation, you will see a warning on the dashboard, and when scheduling the time stating that they time will be based on the time zone, you have in your settings, not the local time.